Blueberry Bran Muffins
If you can have any muffin for breakfast for the rest of your life, it would be this guy! Cookie and Kate's blueberry bran muffin recipe is filled with so much fiber from the bran and of course from our flax mylk.
- 1 cup of homemade buttermilk (1 tbs of lemon juice and 1 cup of flax mylk)
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup date syrup
- 1 large egg
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 ½ cups oat bran
- 1 cup of GF flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 6 ounces fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325F
- In a bowl whisk all the wet ingredients; buttermilk, coconut oil, honey, egg, and zest.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients; bran, GF flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix.
- Fold in the berries.
- Scoop batter into already buttered muffins tins.
- Bake muffins for 20 minutes
This pumpkin spice loaf tastes just like fall!
One of my new favorite fall drink is a pumpkin spice chai made with flax milk!
I made these Paleo Blueberry Muffins made with flax milk and they are now my new favorite breakfast/snack! The crumb on the top is a must!