Cookie Dough Bites
Here is one of my favorite home-made Halloween treats that are healthy, satisfy my cravings, and are still fun and festive!
- 1/3 cup cashew butter (or sub any nut/seed butter)
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp flax milk
- 1 cup almond flour
- few shakes cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp flakey sea salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1.25 bar dark chocolate, or 3/4 cup chocolate chips, melted
- Whisk together wet ingredients in large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients, then start rolling into small, bite-sized pieces (about 1-inch big). Lay on parchment paper.
- Once all rolled out, set in freezer for 30 min to harden.
- Melt chocolate, then using two forks, roll each cookie dough bite in chocolate. Let excess drip off, place on separate place with parchment paper.
- Before it hardens completely, sprinkle with a touch of flakey sea salt. *You can also leave some uncovered without chocolate to eat on their own, or drizzle instead of cover entirely.
- Immediately put back in freezer to harden for 30 minutes then enjoy! Store in airtight container in freezer.
For a healthy, delicious dessert, try these oatmeal creme pies. Oatmeal is a great source of fiber, protein and magnesium. These tasty treats are a...
My son is now at the age where he's asking for sweets... cookies, lollipops and the like. I try to avoid cane sugar at home when possible. I love b...
This easy-to-make Crustless Veggie Quiche with flax milk is a great way to get your vegetables in every day. The flax milk adds a healthy boost of ...