Dairy Free Cupcakes
This dairy free cupcake recipe is insanely simple to make and equally delicious! It also uses everyday ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Malibu Mylk Slightly Sweetened
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, room temp or 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup alternative yogurt (soy, almond, coconut, or oat)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or vegetable shortening, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 tsp almond, coconut, or lemon extract - optional
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp alternative milk (soy, almond, coconut, or oat)
Dairy Free Vanilla Cupcakes
Dairy Free Vanilla Buttercream
- Begin by preheating oven to 350°F (175°C), and place cupcake liners in baking pans.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to a large bowl, and gently combine with a large spoon or whisk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together Malibu Mylk Slightly Sweetened, vegetable oil, egg or apple sauce, vanilla extract and alternative yogurt. Mix until the batter comes together.
- Fill the cupcake liners about 2/3 way full. Bake for 19 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack to finish cooling. If you want to accelerate the cooling process, pop the pans into your freezer for about 30 minutes.
Dairy Free Buttercream Frosting
- Beat the shortening on a medium speed for 30 seconds with a paddle attachment, until smooth.
- Mix in the vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste and salt on a low speed. If desired, add in an additional tsp of almond, coconut, or lemon extract.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar in two installments. Alternate with Malibu Mylk Slightly Sweetened.
- Mix on low for a couple minutes until the ingredients are fully incorporated and the desired consistency is reached.
- If the frosting is too thick, add in additional cream (1 tsp at a time). If the frosting is too thin, add in more powdered sugar (quarter of a cup at a time).
- Place the buttercream in a piping bag fit with your favorite frosting tip, and pipe large swirls onto the fully cooled cupcakes.
- Garnish as desired, then enjoy!
Learn how to make my Carrot Cake Pancakes an amazing over-the-top recipe so you can have your cake for breakfast!
This dairy free cupcake recipe is insanely simple to make and equally delicious! It also uses everyday ingredients you probably already have in you...
This Baked Berry Oatmeal is made with simple and healthy ingredients for satisfying and delicious breakfast.