French Toast courtesy of @dadaeats
French toast is a breakfast staple, whether it's on your day-to-day or a special occasion. Freshly sliced bread dipped in eggs and milk, layered with your choice of butter, cinnamon and sugar. I like mine with some fruit and some bacon. If you're looking for a new twist on French toast, try out this recipe using Malibu Mylk!
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used @malibumylk, my new fave)
- Coconut oil for pan-frying
- 2 large slices sourdough bread
- Coconut sugar for sprinkling
- Fresh berries
- Almond butter for drizzling
- Maple syrup for topping
- Coconut yogurt for topping
- Or just choose your favorite toppings
- Make the French toast: in a shallow dish, beat together the eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and non-dairy milk.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, add coconut oil. Submerge one piece of bread into the egg mixture, flipping to make sure it’s evenly soaked/bathed. Sprinkle each side of the soaked bread with a bit of coconut sugar and place the bread in the pan. Pan-fry 3-5 minutes per side, or until French toast is cooked through and golden brown on both sides.
- Drizzle with almond butter and/or add your favorite toppings. Serve immediately!
Green Goddess Pasta is a delicious and healthy pasta dish that features a variety of green vegetables and a creamy, herb-packed sauce. It's a perfe...
These gluten-free banana muffins are the perfect way to start your day! They're made with Malibu Mylk Plant-Based Milk, so they're dairy-free and ...
These vegan chocolate dessert cups are so easy to make, and they're perfect for any occasion!You can use them to make a quick treat at home or brin...