We all love cake and we love that it satisfies our sweet tooth cravings. So, we got a gingerbread cake recipe from Cookie and Kate that is naturally sweetened. No need to debate whether you should go for seconds.
- 1 & 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 date syrup
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup flax mylk
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 & 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg, and baking soda.
- In another bowl whisk egg. Add the date syrup and molasses. Then whisk in the flax mylk and melted butter.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix.
- Pour the batter into a baking pan.
- Bake at 400F for 25 mins.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: In a mixer, combine cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla.
My son is about to turn one and I decided it’s time to include him in family smoothie time!
A favorite is the following gluten-free carrot muffins recipe.
This cake is a perfect spring dessert - light, fresh and so yummy.