Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies with Flax Milk
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Flax milk
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips of choice
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F. Line a large tray with parchment paper or prepare a cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or in a saucepan over the stove, combine your coconut oil and syrup, and heat until melted. Whisk together until combined.
- Add the syrup/coconut oil mixture to the dry mixture, along with the vanilla extract and flax milk, and mix very well. Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Form 16 small balls with the cookie dough. Place each ball on the lined tray and press each one lightly, into a cookie shape.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
For a healthy, delicious dessert, try these oatmeal creme pies. Oatmeal is a great source of fiber, protein and magnesium. These tasty treats are a...
My son is now at the age where he's asking for sweets... cookies, lollipops and the like. I try to avoid cane sugar at home when possible. I love b...
This easy-to-make Crustless Veggie Quiche with flax milk is a great way to get your vegetables in every day. The flax milk adds a healthy boost of ...