This recipe is a great way to use up any leftover corn on the cob, but it's also a great way to use up some of your favorite ingredients.
You can use this recipe for all kinds of holidays, including Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.
- Organic flour: this will allow the bread to rise a bit and give it the spongy, caky consistency of bread.
- Yellow cornmeal: A must for cornbread! It give the bread its beautiful golden-brown color and the grainy, delicious consistency.
- Coconut sugar: This gives the bread a touch of sweetness it needs to balance out the corn and bread flavors.
- Salt: Just a pinch to bring out the complexity of flavors.
- Baking powder: To help the dough rise and expand as it bakes.
- Butter: This is a must -- it gives the bread a moist, flaky, rich flavor that is heavenly.
- Egg: This binds everything together and helps the bread to rise.
- Flax Milk: For a rich, moist cornbread!
- Grease a 9-inch round cake pan or cast iron skillet well and set aside. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, cornmeal,coconut sugar, salt, and baking powder. Whisk to combine well.
- Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add your oil or butter, flax milk, and egg. Stir just until the mixture comes together and there are only a few lumps remaining.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is a deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve hot.
Green Goddess Pasta is a delicious and healthy pasta dish that features a variety of green vegetables and a creamy, herb-packed sauce. It's a perfe...
These gluten-free banana muffins are the perfect way to start your day! They're made with Malibu Mylk Plant-Based Milk, so they're dairy-free and ...
These vegan chocolate dessert cups are so easy to make, and they're perfect for any occasion!You can use them to make a quick treat at home or brin...