Low-Sugar Pumpkin Spice Chai latte
I was inspired by Starbucks new pumpkin spice chai latte, but when I heared it has almost 60 grams of sugar I was so dissapointed! I knew I had re-create and improve this recipe. It's low in sugar, nutritious, and so yummy!
- 1 tea bag of spiced chai (I usually find one that is caffeine free)
- ½ cup vanilla Malibu Mylk
- 2 tablespoons real pumpkin purée
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup or honey
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin spice blend
- ½ teaspoon arrowroot starch to make extra creamy
- Steep the tea in ½ cup boiling water for approximately 4 minutes.
- Add the flaxseed milk, pumpkin purée, maple syrup, and pumpkin spice blend to the pan.
- Whisk in the optional arrowroot starch.
- Pour the mixture into a stand blender and blend for a minute or two, until the components are blended together and the drink is nice and creamy.
- Re-heat on stove top to get desired heat or in a milk frother! Top with a vegan whip cream and enjoy!
This pumpkin spice loaf tastes just like fall!
One of my new favorite fall drink is a pumpkin spice chai made with flax milk!
I made these Paleo Blueberry Muffins made with flax milk and they are now my new favorite breakfast/snack! The crumb on the top is a must!