Banana Cake with Flax Milk
fall head over heels for the new gal in town. Banana cake likes picnics in the park and loves to be accompanied by a tall glass o flax mylk. This cake recipe is from Cookie and Kate. It is one of our favorite recipes because it is naturally sweetened with the bananas, so no need to add cups of sugar. This recipe is perfect for celebrating birthdays and special occasions.
- Cake: 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 cup of mashed ripe bananas
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1/4 cup of flax milk
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of Cassava flour; gluten-free, grain-free, and nut-free
- 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- Cream Cheese Frosting: 8 ounce cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 & 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
This pumpkin spice loaf tastes just like fall!
One of my new favorite fall drink is a pumpkin spice chai made with flax milk!
I made these Paleo Blueberry Muffins made with flax milk and they are now my new favorite breakfast/snack! The crumb on the top is a must!