- Muffin: flax eggs (1 1/2 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 4 Tbsp water)
- 2 Tbsp mashed ripe banana
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup date syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 tsp homemade
- 1/2 cup flax mylk
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup GF rolled oats
- 1 cup GF flour
- Crumble Ingredients: 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 1/2 Tbsp GF flour
- 2 Tbsp roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 1/4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 pinch each cinnamon + homemade pumpkin spice
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl prepare flax egg and then add mashed banana.
- Add pumpkin purée, brown sugar, date syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and whisk.
- Mix in baking soda, salt, cinnamon, homemade pumpkin spice, and mix. Add flax mylk and whisk thoroughly.
- Stir in almond meal, GF oats, and GF flour. (batter should be thick and scoopable)
- Pour batter into buttered muffin tins.
- Add crumble on top of muffins and bake for 27-32 minutes.
My son is about to turn one and I decided it’s time to include him in family smoothie time!
A favorite is the following gluten-free carrot muffins recipe.
This cake is a perfect spring dessert - light, fresh and so yummy.