Ditch the Cream and Milk for this Spooky Holiday: Pumpkin Recipes
If you're looking for a spooky holiday treat that will make your guests' mouths water, we've got some recipes for you.
These pumpkin recipes with cream are filled with a sweet-and-salty taste, and they're so good that will have you reaching for seconds.
Vegan Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- 1.75 cups old-fashioned oats use certified gluten-free if needed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or a mix of cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, omit for nut-free
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin, or roasted and mashed well)
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup, unsweetened vanilla flax seed milk, warmed
- optional add-ins: chopped dates or raisins or dried/fresh cranberries. chocolate chips, hemp seeds
- Topping: coconut sugar, pumpkin seeds, or pecans for topping
- Preheat the oven to 365 deg F (185 C). In a bowl add the oats, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt, pecans, coconut and chia seeds. Mix to combine.
- In the baking dish(9 by 9 inch) or another bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, warm flaxseed milk, and maple syrup until mixed in. Even it out in the baking dish.
- Top the oatmeal mixture with pumpkin seeds, pecans and coconut sugar.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Let the mixture sit for another 10 mins in the oven, then remove. Cool for 10 mins, then slice and serve with maple syrup, yogurt or whipped coconut cream or other toppings.
Store: Store unbaked at step 4. Store baked oatmeal in a closed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheat: Reheat the refrigerated oatmeal in a microwave or in the oven for 10 mins or so to crisp it up.
Pumpkin Oat Muffins with Cream Cheese Glaze
Ingredients for Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 egg*
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened flax milk
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup of organic flour
- 2/3 cup of rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- *To make these pumpkin muffins vegan use 1 tbsp flax + 2 tbsp water instead of an egg.
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 ounces of room temperature cream cheese*
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tbs of unsweetened flax milk
- *To make these pumpkin muffins vegan use Tofutti Cream Cheese.
Instructions for Pumpkin Oat Muffins
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 F. Line a muffin tin with muffin papers and set aside.
- Beat your egg (or 1 tbsp flax + 2 tbsp water instead of an egg if vegan) in a medium sized bowl then add the flax milk, oil, vanilla, and pumpkin. Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, combine your coconut sugar, flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and mix until combined. Slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet and mix just enough to combine.
- Scoop your muffin batter into the paper liners. I used an ice cream scoop and it was the perfect amount in each muffin. Fill your liners 3/4 of the way and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
Instructions for Cream Cheese Glaze
- While your muffins are baking, prepare the cream cheese glaze by beating your cream cheese with a mixer until smooth. Add the coconut sugar, the vanilla and flax milk and beat until smooth. If the consistency is too thick, add a little bit more milk to attain the desired consistency. If its
- After your muffins have cooled, drizzle the cream cheese glaze over your muffins, and eat up! Bonus points for an extra sprinkling of last on top.
Honey-Date Pumpkin Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened flax milk
- 2-1/2 cups organic flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and coconut sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes.
- Gradually beat in honey and egg.
- Add pumpkin and milk; mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the dates, pecans and poppy seeds.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and coconut sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in cream and vanilla until smooth. Frost cookies. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.