Healthy Coffee Recipes
The best way to start your day is with a great cup of coffee. It doesn't need to be complicated, and it doesn't need to be anything but good.
We've got you covered with some of our favorite healthy coffee recipes that will get you buzzing in the morning and ready for whatever comes your way.
Coffee Smoothie Recipe
- Pour Flax milk into a blender. Add Flax+Oat Mylk Coffee and fruit ice cubes and process until frothy.
- Pour coffee smoothie into a glass (serve with a straw) or a to-go smoothie shake cup.
Banana Coffee Smoothie
- 1 can Flax+Oat Mylk Coffee
- 1 banana
- 2 Tablespoon almond butter or nut butter of choice
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1.5 cup ice
- Add all ingredients tohigh-speedeed blender.
- Blend on high until fully combined and all the ingredients are broken down.
- Serve immediately.
Homemade Mocha Latte
- 2 cups Flax+Oat Mylk Coffee
- 3/4 cup unsweetened flax milk
- 3/4 cup coconut milk at room temperature
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract optional, for a peppermint mocha
- Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally, until heated through and slightly frothy on top.
- Use an immersion blender in the saucepan or transfer to a high-speed blender.
- Divide into four mugs and serve hot.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1/2 Flax+Oat Mylk Coffee
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp dried ginger
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup unsweetened flax milk
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, strong coffee, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, ginger and protein powder and mix well.
- To make steamed milk without an espresso maker, I like to use my immersion blender and it has a handy little measuring cup that came with it.
- If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can use a sealable glass jar that can be microwaved.
- Pour the unsweetened flax milk into the jar or cup.
- Use the immersion blender in the milk for about 20-30 seconds to allow for the milk to get a little bubble.
- If using a sealable jar, shake the milk vigorously for 30-45 seconds with the lid on tight.
- Remove the cover, if there is one, and place the milk into the microwave.
- Heat on high for 30-40 seconds, or until the milk starts to bubble up almost to the top of the jar.
- Take care not to let the milk overflow the jar or to bubble too much and then fall flat.
- Repeat these two steps (emulsifying and then heating) a second time until the milk is nice and frothy.
- Pour the coffee-pumpkin spice into a mug.
- Holding back the milk foam with a spoon, carefully pour the steamed almond milk into the mug.
- Gently spoon the foam over the top.
- Sprinkle with some ground nutmeg if you wish (and I totally recommend that you do!)