How to Make the Perfect Chia Pudding
Stuck in a breakfast rut? We all know and love how flax milk is in smoothies, but sometimes we crave something different. Chia pudding is a great go-to! I love how it can be jazzed up in so many ways. Also, flaxseed milk compliments the texture so well. The best part about chia pudding is how healthy it is! Chia pudding is high in protein, full of omega-3s, packed with fiber and helps keep you full and satisfied all day long. Just like overnight-oats it can be made in advance, making it perfect for those quick mornings!
My Favorite toppings to mix into my Chia Pudding:
- Nut butter: Extra healthy fats will help fuel you for longer and add that delicious nutty flavor!
- Chocolate: You can never go wrong with chocolate! Adding cocoa powder creates an indulgent chocolate flavor.
- Fruit: Especially berries! This not only adds flavor to your chia pudding but also extra fiber! More favorite fruits to add in are bananas, apples, pears, peaches, you name it!
- Coconut: Creating tropical flavors to my chia pudding is one of my favorite things to do. You can add coconut flakes or shredded coconut to the top!
- Spices: You name it and it will compliment your chia pudding! Add spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, vanilla, cardamom, etc. are all amazing ways to add a punch of flavor!
Simple Base of Chia Pudding:
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Malibu Mylk