How to replace the Starbucks seasonal drinks!
Starbucks definitely does one thing right, and that is the holidays! From the cup to the drinks. They’re cozy, warm, and sweet! Everything we crave during the holiday season. But one thing that isn’t so advertised is the amount of sugar within the drinks! There can be up to 48 grams of sugar in just one drink. That is insane! I wanted to recreate these drinks with a flaxseed milk twist to make them healthier, but just as tasty! And I think Malibu Mylk nailed these holiday drinks! Try them out and let us know what you think!
- 1 cup Slightly Sweetened Flaxseed Milk
- ⅛ tsp pure peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Garnish with marshmallows
- Warm Slightly Sweetened Flaseed milk on the stovetop until it is at your preferred temperature.
- Whisk together flaxseed milk, peppermint extract, cocoa powder, and maple syrup until everything is thoroughly combined. Pour into a mug + top with marshallows.
- 1 1/2 cup Flaxseed Milk
- 1/4 cup espresso (1-2 oz shot)
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- sprinkle nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon molasses optional
- Warm Flaseed milk on the stovetop until it is at your preferred temperature.
- Whisk together flaxseed milk, spices and molasses for approximately 30 seconds until everything is thoroughly combined. Pour into a mug + top with espresso.
- 3/4 cup flaxseed milk
- 2 tablespoons (1oz) white chocolate
- 1/2 cup coffee
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- In a small saucepan, heat flaxseed milk.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped white chocolate until melted and smooth. Whisk until foamy.
- Pour coffee into an 8-ounce mug. Pour milk mixture over the top and stir in sugar to taste. Top with optional whipped cream and enjoy!
- 1 cup unsweetened Flaxseed milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Tiny pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped dark chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Shaved dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk until just simmering. Whisk in the cocoa powder, maple syrup, and salt. Add the chocolate chips and vanilla. Whisk and heat until the chocolate is melted and smoothly combined.
- Taste and add more maple syrup if you'd like it sweeter. Pour into a mug, and top with extra chocolate as desired. For more variations, see the blog post above.
Unsweetened Vanilla Flax Milk
Malibu Mylk is the world's first organic flax mylk. It's made from the whole ground flaxseed, a superfood that is full of fiber, protein, omega-3's and prebiotics. Unlike most plant based mylks, Malibu Mylk is sustainable as the flax flower only relies on natural rainfall for growth.Shop Now